Sunday 21 April 2019

Desert Retirement

“Alright T-J.  Let’s see your product.” M_ said and T-J handed it over.  M_ dug through the plastic shopping bag and took out a bundle of coke bags.  I could see the problem from where I was standing.
“You stepped on it and rebagged it.” M_ said.
“No.” T-J lied, “That’s the way I got it.”
“You couldn’t even be arsed to find the same jewelry bags.” M_ said, “These have a blue seal, ours are clear.”
“Look, man.  They got messed up, I had to rebag them.” T-J said, his face paling, “I told you I had a shit week.”
M_ dug out the heroin and the meth and tossed the bundles to Vince and Digger, “Divide it up between you.” he told them.
“What about me, man?” T-J said.
“You’re retired, and you owe three grand for the coke you stepped on.” M_ said, holding up the plastic shopping bag, “This shit is useless now.”
“How am I going to find three grand?”
“You’re not.” M_ said and pulled his Taurus from the back of his waistband and shot T-J in the forehead.  Vince and Digger almost left the ground they jerked so hard when M_’s pistol thundered. 
I was expecting it and had plugged my ears – I knew T-J was a dead man as soon as I saw the rebagged coke.

'__&__'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nest Of The Basilisk

Basilisk : (bæz.ə.lɪsk) - also know as the Serpent King, is a mythical beast with lethal breath and gaze, whose nest can be located by the s...