Friday 5 April 2019

Editing; Angel's music II

“Jackson, my sweet boy.  This is my Christmas present to you.”
Then she began to play familiar chords and sang ‘Your Song’ by Elton John to me.  It is a sweet song about loving someone dearly but not having money, so the song is the gift, and it was made sweeter as Angel sang it to me with tears flowing down her cheeks and a smile curling her lips.
As we all listened, tears welled in my own eyes as my heart swelled in my chest and I wasn’t alone; people around me were dabbing their eyes and couples wrapped arms around one another to draw close.  Angel created a moment of singular magic with her clever fingers and her lilting voice, and in that moment I thought I could not love her more - but I could, and did, but that part of our story comes later.  That Christmas and that moment has never, and will never fade from my memory.
The night my Angel sang to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nest Of The Basilisk

Basilisk : (bæz.ə.lɪsk) - also know as the Serpent King, is a mythical beast with lethal breath and gaze, whose nest can be located by the s...