Thursday 4 March 2021

First time for everything ...


 Nest of the Coquatrix contains many firsts for me.
  • It's my first psychological horror as we follow psychologist Doctor Nigel Blason feel his mind slowly come apart
  • It's the first book I've ever written a complete outline for; the setting, the build, the evolving relationships between colleagues and patients
  • It's the first book that 3/4 of the way to completion I completely changed the ending and had to return to page one
  • It's the first book I've written without a love story in it.  There was no room for that in this
  • It's the first book which doesn't have a 'good-guy'.  There are no heroes in this story nor really are there any villains
  • Lastly; it's the first story I've written that will come with a strong warning.  This isn't a novel for the faint of heart.  It deals with a dark fetish subculture that most people are not familiar with and I'm thankful for that.  Even I have cringed as I write some of the scenes and if you are easily triggered I promise it will give you nightmares

Coquatrix: (kä-kɘ-trɘs) - a mythical serpent with lethal breath and gaze, whose nest can be located by the scorched earth surrounding it; a cockatrice, it was said, could only be slain by seeing its reflection in a mirror

Think; American Psycho meets The Sixth Sense.

You get the picture.

Aaron D McClelland
Penticton, BC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nest Of The Basilisk

Basilisk : (bæz.ə.lɪsk) - also know as the Serpent King, is a mythical beast with lethal breath and gaze, whose nest can be located by the s...