Sunday 21 February 2021

Editing ... still


Is it ever over?  Sixth editing pass on Leaving Wonderland.  I'd copied a small snippet for a game on Twitter in the #WritingCommunity and noticed a 'form' that was supposed to be a 'from'.  Then I noticed a passive voice on the same page.  I thought I covered all of this in the first five passes.

Apparently not.

Back to page one, finding small bits of passive voice, weak words that needed stronger ones, hinted at meanings that were so obscure that even I puzzled over them.  Tidying, cleaning, adding, subtracting.  At what point is a novel complete?

Damned if I know.

Aaron D McClelland
Penticton, BC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nest Of The Basilisk

Basilisk : (bæz.ə.lɪsk) - also know as the Serpent King, is a mythical beast with lethal breath and gaze, whose nest can be located by the s...